Tuesday, January 28, 2014

1/28/2014 Looking Ahead to February: Black History Month, Groundhog's Day, President's Day, and Edison's Birthday

The month of February is fast approaching!  In my previous post I mentioned Groundhog’s Day on February 2nd and “Happy Groundhog's Day - A Play and Game

Of course, Black History Month is an important focus for every classroom in February.  My set of readers Famous African-Americans in U.S. History is for grades 1-3 and features ten African-Americans and their key contributions to America


Tuesday, February 11th is the birthday of the great American inventor Thomas Alva Edison.  My reader “Thomas Edison: Inventor” is great for teaching English language arts as well as science concepts. Your students will build their vocabulary and improve their reading comprehension as they read the story and answer questions and have fun with a word search.

Monday, February 17th is George Washington’s Birthday celebrated in the U.S. as President’s Day.  My Social Studies Topics - Leveled Books: First Grade Levels H/I are a fun way to explore more about the Founding Fathers and the early history of the United States.




No comments:

Post a Comment